Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My life is a Steve Gutenberg film...

"Film?" Did Steve Gutenberg make "films?" Maybe "movie" is more accurate.

That's certainly what it felt like last week when I found myself at the Institute for Police Sciences... a.k.a. the DC Police Academy as part of my new job. For those of you who I haven't explained it to yet, I'm working on a contract that deals with an IT system for the DC Criminal Justice Coordinating Council. Specifically, I'm dealing with the Metropolitan Police Dept (MPD). I know, you're thrilled. And no, I can't do anything about your parking tickets...

I'm likewise quite certain there was other stuff that happened last week that merited comment, but it all drains away so quickly. Lack of sleep'll do that...

Now I know I promised a posting about comics, but I have a couple other things that came up in the meantime (don't they always...) My new officemate shared this article with me on a new machine that cures migraines. I must admit I'm interested even if it resembles the Flowbee.

This is an interesting part of the CBS news site, where they have someone else scanning the blogosphere for interesting tidbits...

Okay, and now on with at least part one of our promised comic book section...

First a couple of very cool blogs on the topic, including Comics 101, League of Melbotis, and Comic Critique, which provides some excellent reviews.

I don't know if MLW's pictures came out, but last Thursday we went to a lecture (with the Huge's) that the Smithsonian Associates gave entitled, Superman on the Couch (yes, based on a book of the same name). Quite interesting and I got to hear from some creators I'd grown up reading.

And I think that's about all the time I have tonight. Tune in next time (hopefully tomorrow) for our all Superman edition (in honor of the movie's premiere).




No comments: