Wednesday, April 12, 2006

So yesterday...

...I went to this career fair (yes, another one) at GW that was put on by the fine folks at Idealist.org (and brought to my attention by original-Webb, thanks). I had a bit of a concern (many would say unhealthily so) about getting there and parking and getting out in time for a 2 p.m. appointment, but I'm happy to report there were no problems on that front. But boy, was it crowded. It's like college students want a job or something. (And yes, it made me feel old...) On the other hand, I had experience to offer, whereas mostly, these kids seemed to have nose rings...

As an addendum to my post of Monday, let me just say this about my trip to the National Press Club for my ADSW Board meeting: there is nothing to make most (local) people support your cause like hosing up DC traffic. Seriously.

I have an(other? I had a phone one already) interview today with another tech consulting firm -- actually doing stuff very similar to my last job. We'll see what happens.

And finally, I leave you with this bit (another courtesy of SQ) on the latest plans from the fine folks at NASA. In all seriousness, I appreciate what they do, but they need to get better PR/spin people...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but if YOU had a nose-ring, you would be experienced AND cool and hip, like the college kids. Everyone wants to be cool and hip, right?

Plus it would go over really well at the ADSW meetings. Ther's an image for you...

Nose-rings are like catnip to employers, from what I understand. Make your piercing appointment today, and be on your way to the wonderful world of gainful employment