Monday, December 12, 2005

*whew*

Editor's Note: Okay, so apparently, when I thought I published this on Monday I was so tired I, in fact, only saved it as a draft. So, my bad. I'll leave the original/intended time stamp. And be advised that another post should be up later today.

My gods am I tired. I have no idea why the party prep (and actual event) seemed so tiring. True, MLW did wake me up on Sunday at like 9:30(!), which amounted to about 5.5 hours of sleep, because our houseguests (Jado, his lovely wife, and their unborn, "Thud") needed to leave early and MLW was making gingerbread waffles (which curiously involved a substantial amount of pumpkin puree -- they were, for the record, quite tasty, but I think I would call the receipte "spice waffles" or even "pumpkin waffles" rather than gingerbread... but I digress...)

Anyway, Sunday was largely devoted to cleaning up, and my going back to bed later in the day and sleeping for another three hours. I normally don't find parties that draining. I really don't understand what was up with that one...

(Though of note was the fact that MLW and I prepared/cleaned/decorated for it without getting into a single argument. A rare -- and quite welcome -- event indeed.)

Oh, I was going to include some photos from the festivities on Saturday, but I didn't know if people were okay with that... I can just see the emails now, "Um, JAM, we never said you could go and post our pictures on the web for all the world (and the robots) to see." I guess you folks should let me know if that's okay or not.

More later. I've got to try and salvage something out of this day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, one wouldn't think that leaving at noon would feel so early, but it was rough. Good party, though. The waffles were great, and I am not a stickler for semantics - you can call them anything you like as long as I can eat them. Yum.

You had best not publish photos of my lovely wife without checking with her - in her "Thud"-induced state, she may not want documentary evidence unless it is approved.

If you are willing to risk breaking the internet, you can publish any picture of me. But don't say I didn't warn you...