Tuesday, November 15, 2005

All things (good, bad, or indifferent) must...

...come to an end.

And so it was that I had my last day at CPI today. (Nearly) everyone went out to lunch. It was very nice.

Kevin (my boss) said that it was "a sad day for CPI," and while it took me a minute, I realized he didn't say it with a hint of irony. He verbally took everyone back to Day 1 of the nine years I've been here, and skipped across the years (mostly focused on the good stuff, as is his way). I promised myself I would not cry...

But no, seriously, it was really very sweet. They gave me this framed, matted print of the application [I worked on for all that time] logo and they all signed around the frame. Of course, being CPI, the print is in the frame upside down...

You know, it's funny, I really figured I was so over this place that it wouldn't matter if I left or not. But, well, it's nice to be missed, I guess. And in turn, it makes me miss these people more than I thought I would. Hey, I kid because I love, guys...

Though I'm sure I haven't heard the last of some of them. And they of me.

And, of course, tomorrow is another day....

No comments: