Sunday, May 28, 2006

And now the moment you've all been waiting for...

(Drum roll, please, Anton...)

Our top story:
JAM gets a new job
Friends and Family Amazed

It was announced today that Jonathan A. Mazur (alias JAM to some) had, after months and months of searching found gainful employment (like, they're paying him money and everything) at a local area computer consulting firm. When asked for comment, he expressed his profound gratitude for all those who assisted in his job search. His lovely wife, on the other hand, was heard to remark, "It's about@#$%in' time..."
Hello. So, that's my big news. Which I've actually had for a week now (I started on Monday). I wanted to make sure things went okay before I said anything (who knows, they could have chased me out of the building or something). But fortunately, that didn't happen.

So what am I doing? Pretty much the same thing I was doing... (Yeah, I realize that doesn't help most of you...) My title is Senior Systems Analyst. "Senior" -- 'cause I don't have enough reasons to feel old...

Anyway, just wanted y'all to know. I also wanted to say "thank you" to the many people who helped out with job leads, tips, offers to circulate my resume, and general comments to raise morale and make sure I was okay. So, thanks.

The blog will continue (I mean, come on, it's never been that much about the job search, right?). So we'll talk again. Oh, lookee here, MDFA tells me I'm not the only one who has a new job...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sincere congratulations on your gainful employment.

I am clapping with my feet.