Thursday, May 18, 2006

Updates, dial-up rant, and Herowear...

Geez, I don't even remember what I last told you folks... Did I talk about last week? I know I told you about part of Tuesday in the Monkey entry (I find it highly amusing that because I said the word "monkey" so many times, the google ad sense generator is now listing ads for exotic pets and monkeys...) Later that day, though, I received a call from that one company I've been going back and forth with (the "take you to lunch" people... still hungry, for the record...) So anyway, last Wednesday I had lunch with The Shark, said "hi" to one or two people back at CPI (which, after six months, looks exactly the same, except for Lori's Tiki bar...), went to a job fair in another part of Crystal City, and then capped off the day with a trip to Costco (nothing like buying in bulk on a budget...)

Later in the week, MLW & I headed up to NJ (and NY) effectively for her godmother's grandson's first communion (the relationship is actually more complicated than that, but that will suffice... if I were following Ethiopian protocol, I'd have simply said "cousin..."). Saw my family on Friday and managed to catch up with my curmudgeonly friend Greg (who seemed in high spirits) this time ('cause last time we were supposed to get together he went and broke his collar bone to get out of it). And then drove back. Oy. (For the truly bored, I think MLW put up pics on flickr.)

Oh, in a related minor update, you -- yes, you -- can now see Casa del Tiburon in all its photogenic glory.

Now, you'll excuse the brief rant, but OMG is dial-up killing me. The past 48 hours have been horrible. First Gmail was lagging -- and hey, I LOVE me my gmail, but not when it takes 4 minutes to open a message. Then for the past day or so, a certain internet giant that I shall not name [*cough*AOL*cough*], has been taking many minutes to connect, and then giving me blazing speeds of 16K or 19K baud... (I think right now I have a teeth-rattling 21K... but who can tell with things moving this fast, really... For the non-technical, yes, that was sarcasm.) It's enough (one would think... and yet...) to make me finally get off my ass and call Comcast to find out about high speed access (that I can't afford...)

Okay, enough of that...

Now that I've griped, let me gush for a minute. I recently ordered two performance tees -- basically fancy-schmancy athletic wear -- from the fine folks at PureHero.com. As the name might imply, PureHero produces athletic "performance apparel" and they have the Marvel license, so one can get workout clothes with Spidey's logo on them (and so on). I have to say, I got two of their tees (Spiderman and Fantastic Four, if you're curious) a couple weeks ago and they have rapidly become my favorite tees. The material is quick drying too, so it occurred to me it would be perfect to wear to a water or amusement park... Their stuff is cut large, so being a petite fellow, I find it a little loose, but since America keeps getting bigger (it's all the growth hormones in the milk, I tells ya...) I guess that makes sense for them. Anyway, they seem like great folks, they make good merchandise, and hey, maybe I can get free swag for endorsing them... (yeah, that'll happen...) But, hey, don't take my word for it, take the word of a complete stranger to me, Dave of Dave's Long Box (which I mentioned in my FCBD entry). He's on hiatus this week, but read down to his post on "Why Gambit Sucks..."-- funny. And more importantly, buy PureHero stuff. X-Men designs now available for pre-order...

There. Update. Check. Rant. Check. Pimping. Check. I think I'm done for today.

No comments: