Saturday, January 07, 2006

I was going to give you folks...

...what passes for an update on the job sitch, but it's late and I'm very tired, so instead I'm going to leave you with some random "filler material."

First, tonight signified the return of Sci-Fi Friday on the Sci-Fi Channel. While originally I didn't want to like the new Battlestar Gallactica (because they took Farscape off the air to pay for it), I can't help but appreciate a show that consistently surprises me with its plotlines.

And speaking of TV, I'm very much looking forward to this new show, Hustle, on AMC. Who doesn't love a show about con artists...? It's by the same people who created MI-5 (or Spooks as its known in the UK), which is a favorite of MLW, so I think it should be good viewing for the whole household...

And finally, I'll leave you with this random quote (which has little bearing on anything else I've said, but I thought was cool):

"The most important scientific revolutions all include, as their only common feature, the dethronement of human arrogance from one pedestal after another of previous convictions about our centrality in the cosmos." - Stephen Jay Gould

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was MUCH less enthused about the new BSG because I felt that they sacrificed FarScape to pay for it, and nothing has hooked me in recent years like FarScape did. But BSG is damned good, and I have been a consistent watcher ever since the first mini-series/TV movie/episode/whatever you want to call it.

The FarScape TV movie did a lot to mollify the bitterness, but the bitterness stil lingers. And if I can count myself a fan of BSG, it MUST be really good, cause it killed my beloved FarScape.

That's the highest praise I can muster. I hope BSG can maintain their stellar storylines thru the coming season

JAM said...

Also, in case you didn't know Jado, Farscape's Claudia Black is going to be joining the cast of Stargate SG1 as a regular this season. We've seen the character before and it's very cool (and funny).

Just FYI.

Boppie said...

I hope you respond to these, Jonathan, because...
I love BSG, but I don't have any BSG buddies to chat with. (I did, but we're not seeing each other anymore, and I'm not going to reconnect for this question: ) Who is the woman playing Admiral Cain? She looks very familiar, but I can't find her name anywhere on the sci-fi website. She's not Zena, who is a Cylon, so who?