Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The American Heritage Dictionary...

...defines "inspiration" as: "1) a. Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity. b. The condition of being so stimulated. 2) An agency, such as a person or work of art, that moves the intellect or emotions or prompts action or invention..." [Emphasis mine.]

Why am I sharing this with you? No, I haven't started a Word-of-the-Day club.

I mention this because I recently got back in touch (or perhaps that re-got back in touch) with an old friend from... geez, it was even before high school, wasn't it? And apparently, she enjoyed my blog so much, she was inspired to create her own. As I said to her, I don't think I've ever been an inspiration to anyone, except perhaps in a negative context (as in, "Whatever you do, don't do what JAM did...") So it's a refreshing change of pace for me. Thus, without further ado, I give you Boppie's Stripes and Plaids (though she will always remain to me, the lovely, talented, and svelte MG). She's always been an entertaining writer of ordinary events (one Christmas essay springing immediately to mind as one of the funnier things I've ever read), so I look forward to it. Who knows? I may perhaps even start reading these things too...

And on a completely unrelated note, WPE just sent me this link to the new Batman collection of Legos. Clearly the folks at Lego are trying to distract me from their more nefarious intentions... But it won't work, I tell you... oooh, shiny...

Let's see what else. I am happy to report that the Xmas decorations are mostly all down and back in their (many, many, many) boxes. Also, we had dinner this evening with my former roommate and his lovely wife, who is expecting their first child sometime around my birthday. (Might I be the first to suggest that "Jonathan" is an excellent name...)

Well, that's about it from here. I must be off to inspire others to do, you know, stuff...

No comments: