Monday, January 02, 2006

So.... 2006, eh?

Well, hello all and Happy New Year. Not much new to report. It's a rainy, dreary, gray day (wow, did I just suddenly sound like my mother there...), and the Rose Parade, which MLW enjoys watching every year looked pretty darn soggy (first time in 51 years it's rained on the Rose Parade and only the 10th time in the history of the parade... see? You can learn stuff from TV Guide.)

Had a very small gathering the other night, just some close friends and relatives over for a somewhat impromptu New Year's Eve... well, "bash" doesn't sound accurate, but we had fun in what is otherwise a holiday that I'm pretty ambivalent about.

Wish I had more to report, but other than that, and the gradual enjoyment of my various holidays gifts (CDs, flipping through books, wearing the clothes, etc.) not much to say. Oh, we did go in to see the White House Holiday trees/display. Even that seemed subdued this year, though I liked the trains and the snowflakes.

More later, I guess when I have something to tell ya about....

No comments: